Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Paper Plates or Sixth Grade Novels ?

I never thought the day would come that the PTSA board members would look a teacher in the eye and tell them that they will pay for someone's request for $250 worth of paper plates and 100 euro of fake flowers...........but were denying the request for $200 of Current, Interesting, Relevant, and sometimes Life Changing Young Adult novels and books.

 I. Did. Not. See. That. Coming.         But it did.

I was in a state of disbelieve, humiliation, shock, denial, and then back to disbelief.

Even more disconcerting was to get two totally different version of why it was denied from two different people who were there for the vote.

Oh did I fail to mention, that I am the VP of the PTSA board and have worked my sweet butt off for the school and our fundraising.

Paper Plates but not Reading books like Wonder, Girl Stolen, anything by Rick Riordan, Marie Antoinette Serial Killer, Hatchet, Brian's Winter.

Words fail me. And that rarely happens. I am sure I will calm down..but not too soon!