Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sixth Grade YA - Girl Stolen. Loved It!

Just as many of you do, I try as best I can to read as many of the YA books that my Sixthers are reading or might read or I think they should read.  It is not as easy as it might seem..but it is always worth the effort and time.

Girl, Stolen by April Henry was a great read. Here is the very short lead in........

Sixteen-year-old Cheyenne Wilder is sleeping in the back of the car while her stepmom fills a prescription for antibiotics. Before Cheyenne realizes what's happening, the car is being stolen.

Griffin hadn't meant to kidnap Cheyenne and once he finds out that not only does she have pneumonia, but that she's ..........................


 The big shocker is on page 3. Totally changed the book and I was off and running.

I know that not only will my frantically looking for a new book gals love it, the boys will find it a good read too with lots of adventure, attack dogs, kidnapping, and cars.

Right now a few young ladies are reading Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer. I loved hearing Martina report "there has already been 4 murders and I am only on page 102". I watched as she and her pals all were stealing glances at it during some kind of random ramblings by their teacher. Honestly, I can't wait to read it too!

What books do your students all clamor for?