Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Oooopps....I'm back!


Oh My Gosh..how time flies when we are busy teaching, living, planning, friending, praying, and breathing! So much has happened since my last post way back in November. I am not going to blog about each one so here are the highlights: Big 50 party for my sweetie husband. It was a huge success. Youngest daughter is officially 14 and I have no idea when that happened. BFF was notified that she is cancer free…an impromptu party broke out at my house within 30 mins of all of close friends hearing the news. Christmas was wonderful as always.

In class we have been busy, busy, busy. Love Erin at Lovin’ Lit Interactive Notebooks. I use them to jump start the unit, add in some snazzy PowerPoints (love PPT, Prezi’s make me dizzy beyond belief!), added some higher level activities and off we go. Our Poetry unit went off uch better than I expected and the students all enjoyed the Pick a Song and Tell us All about It activity. They identified the Figurative language, the rhyming, the approximate rhymes, allusion, alliteration, and all the rest.

As you can imagine, there were about another 104 topics and events since November but we will leave it at that so I can consider myself caught up and back in blogger land!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say...... Drop me a note!